Robert E. Simpson School
was opened by Alhambra teacher, Julius Bontekoe in the fall of 1956 at 23rd Avenue and Missouri
Simpson first came to the Alhambra School District as a teacher in 1930
and served it until his death in February 1961. During this generation
of time, he left only once, to serve as principal in another district.
He returned in 1945 to become principal at Alhambra. In 1949, he became
the district's first superintendent. At the request of many people in
the Alhambra District, it was named by the Board of Trustees to honor
the district superintendent for his service to the district.