Regular school attendance is vital for a child to be successful. A child who is not present at school cannot learn. For
this reason, it is important that all parents make a commitment to
ensure their child is at school and on time. Please make every effort
to adjust family schedules and medical appointments to minimize time
away from school.
- All student absences must be reported. Please notify the attendance office (602-246-9136 ext. 5803) before 8:30 a.m. each day your child is absent. You have 48 hours to notify the school, as this is a legal requirement.
- If contact is not made by telephone, a written excuse signed by a parent or guardian must be sent to school within 48 hours (two school days).
- Students will be withdrawn from school upon reaching their tenth (10th) consecutive day of unexcused absences.
- If the student's absences are negatively affecting his/her academic
progress, the student will be referred to the Solutions Network for
assistance to improve attendance.
- Students are considered
tardy if they are not in their assigned classroom when the 8:30 tardy
bell rings. Students arriving to school after 8:30 must first report to
the attendance office (Room 1) for a pass.
- Any student
absent during the school day may not participate in any extracurricular
event before or after school on the day of the absence.
- All absences over 18 days are required to have a doctor’s note to be considered excused.
Absences over 5 days will result in a warning letter from the
principal. Letters will continue to be sent to the parent in order to
verify that there is an attendance problem and consequences may result.
Students and their parents/guardians will be assigned to the CUTS
program through the Juvenile Justice Courts system.